Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site Colorado History School Program is designed to help students become immersed in the 18th and 19th century’s culture for the most interactive educational experience. Our program is designed so that students learn they are part of history, and relate what they learn about the past to their lives today. Students are encouraged to participate in hands-on activities, and to ask and answer questions. It is our goal to provide you with the best educational experience possible! This program is directed at grade three; however, we encourage all ages to participate!
Your visit will include:
Lifestyles, struggles, and rewards of:
- American Indians
- Homesteaders, miners, health seekers, explorers and farmers
An activity packet will be sent with the confirmation with further exploration of Rock Ledge Ranch, if your class(es) would like to explore before or after the scheduled program.
Planning your visit:
- Programs offered 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. or 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Minimum of 50 students to attend. (Both time slots for 100+)
- Please ensure all visitors are prepared for the weather! Barn will be open for shelter in inclement weather.
- Our staff and volunteers will lead the group and group leaders to the appropriate program areas.
- Please arrive prior to the reservation time, as late arrivals will receive a shorter program.
- Call for availability and reservation: 719-578-6777