18th October 2018 9:30 am
Admission: By Reservation Only
Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site Colorado History School Program is designed to help students become immersed in the 18th and 19th century’s culture for the most interactive educational experience. Our program is designed so that students learn they are part of history, and relate what they learn about the past to their lives today. Students are encouraged to participate in hands-on activities, and to ask and answer questions. It is our goal to provide you with the best educational experience possible! This program is directed at grade three; however, we encourage all ages to participate! Your visit will include: Lifestyles, struggles, and rewards of:
- American Indians
- Homesteaders, miners, health seekers, explorers and farmers
- Programs offered 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. or 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Minimum of 50 students to attend. (Both time slots for 100+)
- Please ensure all visitors are prepared for the weather! Barn will be open for shelter in inclement weather.
- Our staff and volunteers will lead the group and group leaders to the appropriate program areas.
- Please arrive prior to the reservation time, as late arrivals will receive a shorter program.
- Call for availability and reservation: 719-578-6777
10th November 2018 10:00 am
Admission: LHA Members: Free Adults: $8, Seniors: $5, Children 6-12: $4, Children under 6 are free
Everything but the oink!
It's an old saying that sums up the dietary and economic importance of hogs to farmers, ranchers and homesteaders.
5th December 2018 1:00 pm
Admission: $30 per person. Reservation required.
Wednesday, December 5
Friday, December 7
Saturday, December 8
Wednesday, December 12
15th December 2018 4:00 pm
Admission: LHA Members: Free Adults: $8, Seniors: $5, Children 6-12: $4, Children under 6 are free.
Rock Ledge Ranch will be transformed with the sights, sounds, and aromas of this traditionally festive season! The evening features tractor rides, old-time musical entertainment, lantern light tours to the 1860’s Homestead Cabin, Blacksmithing demonstrations, barn dancing, Victorian celebrations in the 1880’s Rock Ledge House and Edwardian festivities in the 1907 Orchard House. St. Nicholas will be in the Carriage House to visit with children and adults. Purchase those extra special gifts at the General Store. Hot cider and other goodies will be available at several locations around the Ranch. Admission price includes all activities and tours.