- This event has passed.
Autumn Colorado Living History School Program
October 5 – 9:30 AM - October 7 – 2:00 PM
April 7 – 23: Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays
9 – 11 a.m. or 12 – 2 p.m.
By reservation only. $3 per person.
We encourage homeschoolers to attend Homeschool Day for a longer, self-paced program.
Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site Colorado History School Program is designed to help students become immersed in the 18th and 19th century’s culture for the most interactive educational experience. Our program is designed so that students learn they are part of history, and relate what they learn about the past to their lives today. Students are encouraged to participate in hands-on activities, and to ask and answer questions. It is our goal to provide you with the best educational experience possible!
This program is directed at grade three, however, we encourage all ages to participate.
Your visit will include:
Lifestyles, struggles, and rewards of:
- American Indians or Mountain Man (based on historical interpreter availability.)
- Homesteaders and farmers
An activity packet will be sent with the confirmation with further exploration of Rock Ledge Ranch, if your class(es) would like to explore before or after the scheduled program.
Planning your visit:
- Minimum of 50 students for one time slot. 75 or more, requires two time slots.
- Please ensure all visitors are prepared for the weather! Barn will be open for shelter in inclement weather.
- Group leaders to the appropriate program areas as assigned. Each area is scheduled an allotted time.
- Please arrive prior to the reservation time with three groups per time slot pre-assigned. Late arrivals will receive a shorter program.