The 7th Annual Garden of the Gods Rock Ledge Ranch Powwow is scheduled for September 24, 2016. As with all of the RLR – Living History Association events, the purpose is to provide cultural, educational and entertainment representing the years from 1775-1905 at the Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site and the Garden of the Gods. Click here for a poster for the Powwow.
The Living History Association (RLR-LHA) is a Friends Group, whose members support the Historical Site, its buildings, ranch animals (including hay for 4 horses), and much more. While Rock Ledge Ranch is a City owned park, the LHA raises money to supplement the day to day operations for the Ranch and its activities.
Each year, we find supporters from among the community merchants, local and not-so-local foundations to provide additional support for our powwow. This year was a particularly good year for large donations for the 7th Annual Garden of the Gods Rock Ledge Ranch Powwow.
- The El Pomar Foundation provided funds for the powwow.
- Sky Ute Casino from Ignacio, Colorado also provided funds to help with the Head Staff.
- The Densford Fund associated with the Riverside Church in New York City, awarded a grant to highlight the educational and cultural value of the Powwow to the Front Range community.
- The Native American Women’s Association provides support for children’s activities and assistance in arranging for the Powwow Princess
- The City of Colorado Springs and the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services provides ongoing support for the Ranch and all of its activities
- Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site and the Living History Association provide facilities, security, advertising, and much more to ensure the success of each event, including the Annual Powwow.
To each of these donors, we say thank you for your generosity and for your support of the Powwow and its educational and cultural presence at Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site! We also encourage members of our community, visitors to the area, and dancers who represent many of the American Indian tribes to attend the Powwow in September.
Non profits, merchants and businesses are also invited to support the Powwow. Here is a flyer explaining how that works!
If you are a powwow or craft vendor and wish to register for booth, download the application here.
If you are a food vendor and think you might want to have a booth at the powwow, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We have limited space for food venders, but always welcome inquiries.