Frequently Asked Questions


Q: I am interested in displaying my products at the annual Folk Art Festival at Rock Ledge Ranch in September. Who do I contact for the application?

A: Contact Kathy at the Holly Berry House 719-636-2752 or download the form here. Commercial kits, factory produced and import items are not acceptable.


Q: Who may I speak to regarding special donations? I would like to donate an artifact to the Ranch.

A:  We are grateful for your generosity! Please contact us at 719-578-6777. We’d like to see your offer via photographs for approval. Be advised we are a hands-on site, so the artifact will be used during our programs. We may accept items dating from 1880s-1920s.


Q: Can you tell me about the roaming animals.

A: We like to treat our residents to some grazing time! Supervised, the cow and sheep graze close to the paddock. The horses and chickens are not let out to graze. For your safety, and the safety of the animals, please ensure your dog(s) are on a leash West of the Camp Creek.

Q: I’ve misplaced my membership card. Is there a way to print out a new one?

A: Your membership is still valid through the expiration date even if you lose your card. Bring your picture identification and we’ll verify the membership when you check in at the Admission Hut.  New membership cards are issued at renewal.

Q: I had a great time at Fiddles, Vittles and Vino. Can I bring a bottle of a bottle of Merlot wine on a picnic to relive that moment?

A: Fiddles, Vittles and Vino is a special event that requires the event to obtain a temporary license to allow the distribution and consumption of alcoholic beverages. Outside of this event alcohol is prohibited on the premises. As part of the El Paso County Parks and Open Spaces, it’s against the law to enter the premises with controlled substances or under its influence. (See section 9, article 1 of the rules and regulations).


Q: Representing the time periods looks like a lot of fun! What types of people enjoy being docents?

A: If you love history, have a desire to learn new things, and share what you learn with visitors, you’ll fit right in with our talented group! Registration is online here or call 719-578-6777 for more information.

Q: What are the prerequisites to becoming a Junior Docent?

A: Junior Docents must be at least 10 years old and have completed 4th grade. They will fill out an application, interview, and train. They must be able to attend all mandatory training sessions and be willing to commit to volunteering 2 times per week for 5 weeks during the summer plus work at least 2 special events. We offer a clothing library for a small fee, or they are encouraged to make their own period-correct clothing.

Q: How do I apply to the Junior Docent Program?

A: Junior Docent applications are here. Applications open on March 1 each year. The applications close automatically when full.

Weddings and Private Events

Q: Are wedding ceremonies allowed on the Ranch grounds?

A: We’re honored to share your special day! Ceremonies are available at the American Mothers Chapel (located at the South-East corner of the Ranch). It seats 9 to 12 people.  Chapel reservations are available at the the main Parks, Recreations and Cultural Services number at 719-385-5941. Standing-only ceremonies are permitted on site (not in the Chapel) without reservation. Please Note: We will be hosting our Living History Program June- August, Wednesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. During these times, private ceremonies and professional photography are not permitted. Specific locations within the site are first-come, first served.

Q: Can the Ranch host my reception?

A: The Ranch does not have indoor space to accommodate receptions. Due to public availability of the Ranch, and the ever-changing Colorado weather, outdoor receptions are not available.

Q: What about the barn?

A: As an operating Ranch, we use the barn for hay and straw storage, in addition to other equipment, so it is not available for private events.

Q: Are private events allowed in the Carriage House?

A: The Carriage House is available for group meetings. It seats approximately 20 with tables and chairs, and up to 60 seated only. Please call 719-578-6777 for reservation information.

Q: Can we reserve a historic home for a private event?

A: In order to preserve the historic homes, they are not available to reserve for private events.

download from . . undercover colors nail polish